ADSM-L

Re: include/exclude specs

1995-03-22 03:04:11
Subject: Re: include/exclude specs
From: Werner Baur <Werner.Baur AT LRZ-MUENCHEN DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 09:04:11 +0100
>I am trying to exclude several file systems from being backed up and am having
>trouble setting it up.

... text skipped ...

>I have also tried leaving the '.../*' off from the excludes for the /export
>file systems which didn't work.
>
>Firing up the GUI shows that these file systems were indeed backed up and they
>appear in list of file systems available for restore/retrieve.  Taking a closer
>look shows that any files that are in these file systems were not backed up but
>that any directories were.
>
>I am totally at a loss as to how to make it ignore these file systems. Can
>anyone shed any light on this?

As far as I know there is no way to prevent dsm to run into an excluded
subtree. You can only exclude files. No doubt, there are environments which
require to exclude directories, too. In our case the missing feature
causes the dsm schedule process to examine 400000 files although I can
clearly state in advance that none of the files is a candidate for backup.

I am waiting of the response to the PMR I have written for this problem.

Werner

Werner Baur
Leibniz-Rechenzentrum     X.400:  S=Baur;OU=lrz;P=lrz-muenchen;A=d400;C=de
Barer Str. 21            RFC822:  Werner.Baur AT lrz-muenchen DOT de
D-80333 Muenchen           Tel.:  ++49-89-2105-8781
Germany                     Fax:  ++49-89-2809460