ADSM-L

Re: Second Thoughts on my Tape Problem.

1995-03-16 13:08:19
Subject: Re: Second Thoughts on my Tape Problem.
From: David Boyes <dboyes AT WOOD.HELIOS.ND DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 13:08:19 -0500
> are run synchronously, the Server should be waiting for
> completion of the Exit Machine NOT the tape attach. The
> Server ASSUMES that because he has the tape drive,  the
> Exit Machine has completed and logged off. Especially in my
> case, this is not true.

If you read the comments in the sample exit code and the
discussion in the administrator's guide, they're pretty clear
that the exit machine is supposed to log off at the completion of
the mount process, and that's how the sample exec is coded.

Define some more exit machines -- as someone else mentioned, they
only cost you another entry in the CP directory, and they can
share disk space with the exit machine you already have.

If you go back through the archives of this list, I posted
working exit execs for VMTAPE that are in use in lots of
different places.