ADSM-L

Db2/6000 Backup Failure

1995-03-10 03:42:54
Subject: Db2/6000 Backup Failure
From: Michel Gaillard <Michel.Gaillard AT ANSF.ALCATEL DOT FR>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 08:42:54 GMT
Hello everybody,

We are currently trying to backup DB2/6000 databases with ADSM and we suceeded
many times doing the command line : DB2 BACKUP DATABASE NOODLES USE ADSM
But this morning the Dba tried to use the db2adm graphical interface to do the
same thing and the backup failed.

We got the following messages in the ADSM server (V1R1 Level 0.11 running under
VM/ESA) console :

ANR9999D SSALLOC(204): Allocate prohibited - transaction failed.
ANR0530W Transaction failed for session 288 - internal server error detected.
ANR0403I Session 288 ended for node PASTA (DB2/6000).

and the message SQL2033N The ADSM error "157" occured " showed up in the
DB2/6000 message window.

Any ideas or references to existing documentation ?

thanks, michel