ADSM-L

[no subject]

1995-03-08 03:22:52
From: Hans Kilian <dkatplzx AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 03:22:52 EST
Darren,

We are in the process of installing an automated tape library (not IBM's
though), and we are planning to solve the problems you mention with our
tape management software (we use RTS from S.O.S. Data in Denmark). RTS
allows us to do archive management and generate a list of tapes that
should be moved from the ATL to another archive. We can then process that
list and feed it to the software that controls the ATL, and it will then
eject the tapes.

As far as I can see, we will not be able to specify that the tapes
should stay in the ATL for, let's say, 60 days after they were last
used - we can only specify that it should be ejected 60 days after
creation. You may have better luck with another tape management
system (CA-1, TLMS, RMM...)

Regards,
Hans Kilian, ATP Denmark