ADSM-L

Tape Management.

1995-03-07 17:16:34
Subject: Tape Management.
From: Darren Fuson <darren_fuson AT MAILLINK.CMIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 18:16:34 EDT
We are currently using ADSM/6000 with an IBM 3494 Dataserver to automate
tape mounting.  We are in the process of acquiring an expansion unit for
the 3494 to house more cartridges online.

My question is, Is anyone doing any type a tape resource management with
a 3494?  We are looking for a way to automatically eject export tapes and
maintain them in sequence automatically.  We are also looking to eject
tapes not used in a while to make room for new scratch tapes.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated very much.

Thank You.

Darren Fuson
Community Mutual Insurance Co.
dfuson AT cmic DOT com