ADSM-L

using an exb-10e jukebox with adsm/6000

1995-02-06 12:19:07
Subject: using an exb-10e jukebox with adsm/6000
From: Tony Rimovsky <tony AT PH-METER.BECKMAN.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 1995 11:19:07 -0600
I am evaluating adsm and I am having trouble getting it to work properly with
an EXB-10e (ver. 1.2.185) on an POEWRserver550L running AIX 3.2.5.

Is there anyone using a 10e that I could compare notes with?

Here are two examples of problems I am seeing:

(1) 'dsmlabel -drive=/dev/mt1 -library=/dev/lb0 -search' initializes the
jukebox (the arm goes and pulls out and puts back each tape) but never puts any
of them in the drive.  Then, sometimes dsmlabel quits after the initialization,
and sometimes it prompts for a label, and then gives an IO error and quits.
The drive and the library both seem to be defined properly to the system.

(2) After I define the drive and library in the adsm server, I get the
following error when I start the server: "ANR8440E Initialization failed for
SCSI library JUKEBOX; will retry in 2 minute(s)."

Tony Rimovsky
Tony Rimovsky
tsr AT uiuc DOT edu
244-5597 / 244-8371 (fax)