ADSM-L

Re: Compression on Netware Client

1995-02-03 10:36:07
Subject: Re: Compression on Netware Client
From: Darren Fuson <darren_fuson AT MAILLINK.CMIC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 11:36:07 EDT
We backup all of our Novell 3.12 servers using compression and have
seen no limitations as of yet.  We backup CC:Mail databases nightly
that range from 800MB to 1.2GB.  We use ADSM/6000 as the server and do
all our communication through TCP/IP.

We also pass data using TCP/IP between FDDI, Token-Ring, and some
leased lines connecting other FDDI and Token-Ring LANs to our main
location.  We use Wellfleet and Cisco routers.

As far as performance,  with local machines I see sustained transfer rates
of approx. 1,400 CPS with Novell 3.12 clients.  With Novell 3.12 clients in
non-local locations I see sustained transfer rates of approx. 1,100 CPS.

Hope this helps.

Darren Fuson
Community Mutual Insurance Company
dfuson AT cmic DOT com