ADSM-L

Re: Inventory client file Expiration

1994-12-15 16:19:04
Subject: Re: Inventory client file Expiration
From: Bill Colwell <BColwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 21:19:04 GMT
In <1994Dec15.185248.20819 AT draper DOT com>, HDIP9235 AT bcitvm.bcit.bc DOT
ca (Peter Hadikin HDIP9235) writes:
>FROM:  Peter Hadikin (HDIP9235)
>       (604) 432-8452
>
>Our VM Adsm server performs Inventory client file expiration processing
>roughly every 75 to 100 minutes. During the time it is running it uses 35-45%
>of our CPU resources. It is impacting our on-line response during the day. Is
>there any way to control the time at which this beast does this processing?
>Are other people encountering the same situation? We are currently running
>ADSM server V1 R1 Level 0.11/1.11 on a VM/ESA R2.1 SL 9403 system.
>
>If I have missed setting up a parameter on the server, it would be most
>appreciated if somebody could point that out. I'll make sure and put you on my
>Christmas card list.
>
>Have a super day, Peter.

The ADSM install should have put a file somewhere which documents all
the enhancements to the mainframe servers since GA.  On the MVS server
it is member ANR1111 of 'SYS1.SAMPLIB'.  I don't it is called on VM,
but if you review your install listing you should find it.  It is
refreshed with each server fix.  Besides the client inventory fix, it
documents the '2 or more migration tasks' enhancement, and the online
DUMPDB enhancement, plus many other things.

>BC Institute of Technology
>Computer Resources
>3700 Willingdon Avenue

Bill Colwell