ADSM-L

Re: Restoring a file from an export tape

1994-12-13 05:30:54
Subject: Re: Restoring a file from an export tape
From: Pieter Groen <Pieter.Groen AT UCI.KUN DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 11:30:54 +0100
On Mon, 12 Dec 1994 16:11:13 -0500 (EST) Melinda Varian said:
>Having succeeded in exporting all our local nodes, I now find that I
>would like to restore one file from one of the Novell servers.  I don't
>want to restore anything else.  The only approach I can see to doing
>this is to import that node and filespace to a test ADSM server (which
>I don't have).  Is there an easier way?

I exported one node (simple DOS-client) and imported it back again on the
same server (VM). The imported filespaces were automatically renamed by
the server to some name with a '1' at the end. Afterwards files could be
restored or retrieved on the client node without any problem.
Maybe a similar scenerio works also for Novell.

Greetings,
Pieter Groen