ADSM-L

AFS client

1994-12-12 14:21:52
Subject: AFS client
From: Shyh-Wei Luan <luan AT ALMADEN.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 11:21:52 -0800
> Date:         Fri, 9 Dec 1994 10:01:10 EST
> From: "David G. Kalenderian" <[email protected]>
> Subject:      AFS client
>
> We have about 30 AFS (Andrew File System) servers on campus and the people
> that support these servers are considering writing their own backup system.
> They have been asking about ADSM support. Are there any plans, has there been
> any discussion, regarding an ADSM client that would support an AFS server?
> Has it been ruled out? Any info would be helpful.
>
> Thanks,
> David Kalenderian
> System Programming Group
> M.I.T

I (from IBM research) have been investigating AFS/ADSM backup issues.
I am afraid it is inadequate for me to discuss future things on this
public forum, since I don't speak for the owner of the product.  On
the other hand, I think it would be useful if you can let me know
what your requirements are, and we can also discuss this off-line.

Shyh-Wei Luan
IBM Almaden Research Center
luan AT almaden.ibm DOT com
(408)927-1893