ADSM-L

Exciting *new* problem on SUN ... dumped core

1994-12-06 13:15:55
Subject: Exciting *new* problem on SUN ... dumped core
From: MJ Lopatin <lopatin AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 1994 10:15:55 PST
>Well, on one of the *other* Sun workstations here at Ga. Tech, we've run
>into a new problem.  The ADSM Scheduler was running a backup to the VM
>server when it dumped core.  This is on a Sun IPX running Solaris 2.4.

>It was running the Sun 4 version of the client software.  Has anyone else
>encountered this problem? I've even got the handy dandy core file here..

  We have not announced support for Solaris 2.4.  However, if you
really have to make something work on Solaris 2.4, our client that
runs native on Solaris 2.3 would probably give you a better chance
than the Sun 4 client, which uses Binary Compatibility Mode.

  We started shipping the native Solaris 2.3 client with the Sun PTFs
this summer, so apply recent maintenance to that machine and run
the dsm.install program, and you'll have a Solaris 2.3 client.
Hopefully that will solve the problem.  Since we don't support
Solaris 2.4, it will be hard for us to troubleshoot this one otherwise.

-- MJ Lopatin
   ADSM Client Development
   ADSM Client Development