ADSM-L

ADSM Status

1994-11-30 10:16:25
Subject: ADSM Status
From: Bob Klein <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 1994 10:16:25 EST
As part of our evaluation of what enterprise backup product to
use, an important criterion is product stability, i.e. to
what extent it will continue to be a viable product several
years from now.  Does anyone have any information about the
status of ADSM within IBM, e.g. is it considered a strategic
product.  One reason I am asking is that several years ago
we spent a lot of time evaluating another IBM client/server
product, Enhanced Connecivity Facility (ECF).  This product
did not make it past the first release.  So far, there has,
indeed, been considerable development work by IBM on ADSM.
Nonetheless, we would like to know if anyone is aware of such
issues as whether ADSM is meeting IBM's expectations for
market share and, if not, what might IBM's response be?

Thanks for any thoughts or info?

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607