ADSM-L

Re: Problems in Using ADSM for UNIX Backups and Restores

1994-11-29 12:28:35
Subject: Re: Problems in Using ADSM for UNIX Backups and Restores
From: Melinda Varian <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 12:28:35 EST
On Tue, 29 Nov 1994 at 11:43:56 EST, Paul Zarnowski said:

> Whoa...  symbolic links are indeed restored (although, as detailed in
> your mailfile, not all attributes are restored).

You are right, of course; that was a complete brain-check on my part.
I meant our item 1 to refer to the fact that all information about mount
points is lost in the process of backing up and restoring.  That is the
problem for which we have a SUGG incident.  We believe that ADSM could
be made to save information about mount points that would be helpful
when doing a restore after a complete disk wipe-out.

Melinda