ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Missing a logical volume.

1994-11-28 12:27:49
Subject: Re: ADSM Missing a logical volume.
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 12:27:49 EST
On Fri, 25 Nov 1994 12:51:48 -0500 James Trauzzi said:
>We are using ADSM/6000 version 1 release 2.  We have had a couple of
>occurrences
> of ADSM completely ignoring a logical volume during a scheduled backup.  Adsm
>admin gui shows that the client backup was completed.
>
>Has anyone else experienced this problem?
>
>Jim

We saw this awhile ago on a Unix client.  The situation was that the logical
volume (filesystem) had been added AFTER the ADSM Scheduler had been started
up.  It seems that the Scheduler only checks for local filesystems when it
starts up the first time, not before each scheduled event.  The workaround
was to restart the scheduler after adding/deleting filesystems.

I'm not sure, but I think this problem was addressed in a recent PTF.

..Paul