ADSM-L

deleting a filespace

1994-11-21 16:20:12
Subject: deleting a filespace
From: Abi Admassu <Abi.Admassu AT UCOP DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 13:20:12 -0800
Hi everyone,

I am trying to delete a filespace name which has a weird character at the
end, something like underscore with the letter "a" on top of the underscore.
 I am using v1r2.03 windows client and an mvs server.  I locked the client
node first, did a query filespace for the client node then issued the command:
        delete filespace nodename
This should have worked but gave me a missing field error message. Then I
tried:
        delete filespace nodename "filespace name"
this gave me "cannot match filespace .." message because I don't know how to
type the weird character from my keyboard.  I tried "delete filespace" from
the GUI on an OS/2 machine that created a process but deleted 0 files and
did not delete the filespace. Can any one suggest what else I need to do?
Any input is highly appreciated.

Abi