ADSM-L

Re: Migrating the Server

1994-11-17 21:47:05
Subject: Re: Migrating the Server
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 21:47:05 EST
On Thu, 17 Nov 1994 12:33:50 PST Jim Smith said:
>I assume you are talking about the log and db volumes.  What you will
>want to do is create new volumes on your new DASD ....
>
>Add the new volumes with DEFINE DBVOLUME and DEFINE LOGVOLUME commands.
>Extend the DB with and log with the EXTEND DB and EXTEND LOG commands.
>
>Now, delete the old volumes with DELETE DBVOLUME and DELETE LOGVOLUME.
>ADSM will automatically move the information off of the old volumes into
>the new volume set.
>
>Jim Smith / ADSM Technical Support / San Jose

I don't think the EXTEND DB and EXTEND LOG commands are necessary.  I believe
that when you do the DELETEs, ADSM will vacate the old volumes moving the
data to the new ones.  I'm pretty sure I've actually done this.

If you get to the point where you want to define DBCOPYs or LOGCOPYs, it will
make things go much faster if you reduce your LOG or DB first, to just a bit
more than you are actually using.

..Paul