ADSM-L

Unix Client RESTORE File Specifications

1994-11-17 16:17:40
Subject: Unix Client RESTORE File Specifications
From: Bob Klein <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 16:17:40 EST
I have a question/comment about file specifications on the
RESTORE command of the Unix client.  The path to my home
directory is rather long, so I set up a symbolic link.  When I
tried to use the symbolic link as part of the file specification
in the RESTORE command, I got back the message that there were no
matching files.  When I used the actual path instead of the
symbolic link the files showed up.  I tested the symbolic link
with the ls command to make sure it was defined correctly.  I
have also tried using an environmental variable to hold the path
but adsm does not seem to use environmental variables.  Is there
any way to use a symbolic link, environmental variable etc.  to
shorten the path specification?  If not, there should be.
Thanks.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607