ADSM-L

[no subject]

1994-11-17 08:11:25
From: Hans Kilian <dkatplzx AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 08:11:25 EST
Hello again...

I was wondering if any of you use ADSM to backup machines running
IBM LAN Server. If you do, do you know if ADSM will backup the ACL
associated with each file or directory.

Currently we are stopping LAN Server approximately twice a month to
backup the NET.ACC-file and the ACL with a LAN Server supplied
utility (I don't know very much about LAN Server, so I'm a bit
hazy on this), and then ADSM backs up the output from the LAN Server
utility.

Since the LAN server utility can only run while LAN Server is not
active, we have LAN Server down while we're doing this. We would of
course like to minimize our downtime, so if ADSM could do this backup
for us, we wouldn't have to take the LAN down. We would also be able
to do the backup more often, to ensure that we have an almost current
copy.

Regards,
Hans Kilian, ATP Denmark