ADSM-L

Re: Reply to questions

1994-11-16 16:33:01
Subject: Re: Reply to questions
From: "Brett Walker (408)256-0265 Fax:" <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 13:33:01 PST
Re: Note from you attached below

>I will add a question to this steam of thought. Is there and if not should
>there be a way of backing up a directory with no files from the GUI while
>displaying a filespace tree?  For example:
>
>  directory         Message from adsm after clicking with right button
>  ---------         --------------------------------------------------
>
>   Mail             No files in selected directory
>    |-drafts        No files in selected directory
>    |-inbox         DEFAULT   04/21/1994 17:27:12 .xmlcache
>

>If one then clicks on the Backup button, I assume that the objects Mail,
>inbox and .xmlcache would be backed up. But that the object drafts would
>not be.

IMO, you would want the drafts directory backed up, whether it had
files in it or not.  The attributes of that directory might be important
(such as its position, color, access attributes, or just its existence).

Currently the GUI's don't work this way; however, we are looking at
ways of re-vamping the directory tree dialog, and this is one of the
many things we're looking at (including selecting an entire sub-tree
easily).

Brett Walker
ADSM Client Development