ADSM-L

LANRES & ADSM

1994-11-15 12:27:39
Subject: LANRES & ADSM
From: "Jeffrey J. Zarend" <JZAREND AT GEMINI.MCO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 1994 13:27:39 -0400
Hi All,
We are interested in looking at LANRES and ADSM for our VM/ESA 2.2 system.
The only info I have been able to get locally has been copies of the
announcement letters, no specifics.  Is anyone out there using these
products for Netware servers and server backup?

Our setup is: VM/ESA 2.2 with the IBM connected to the ethernet backbone
via a BTI (Bus-tech) box.  I think this box looks like a dumb 8232 connection
to the ethernet, there is no configuration loaded for the BTI.

My questions are:

1) Can we use LANRES and ADSM over the BTI box.  We don't want to buy
   extra hardware to link the IBM with the network if we don't have to.

2) If the above won't work, what would be the preferred method to connect the
   IBM with the network.

3) What setup will allow us to perform server backups to 3480 tapes.

Any and all answers, both public and private are welcomed.

Thanks,
Jeff Zarend
Systems Programmer
Medical College of Ohio