ADSM-L

Re: Running under WARP

1994-11-14 10:32:36
Subject: Re: Running under WARP
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 1994 10:32:36 EST
On Fri, 11 Nov 1994 16:37:03 EST Martha McConaghy said:
>Has anyone tried running ADSM under WARP (OS/2 v3) yet?  I have one
>user who is trying.  However, whenever we bring up the GUI, we get
>an "Authentication Failure" error.  It doesn't even ask for the password.
>The linemode client works fine so I know the problem isn't the options
>file and the environmental variables are fine.  We are using the 1.18
>OS/2 client communicating with a VM 1.08 server.
>
>Are we the first to see this?
>
>Martha

Yes, we ran into this problem with the Warp beta code, and it is still
a problem with the GA code.  We opened a PMR for this problem and IBM
opened APAR IC08595 (but not until the GA Warp code became available).
Just recently a new APAR has been opened against OS/2 Warp, PJ16113 to
replace IC08595.  I think this means that the ADSM folks believe that
the problem is in Warp.

We are using the 1.2.0.3 OS/2 client communicating to an ADSM/6000 1.2.0.4
server.

..Paul