ADSM-L

Re: Running under WARP

1994-11-14 10:03:43
Subject: Re: Running under WARP
From: Bill Colwell <BColwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 1994 15:03:43 GMT
In <1994Nov12.030900.1941 AT draper DOT com>, URMM%MARIST.BITNET AT uga.cc.uga
DOT edu (Martha McConaghy) writes:
>Has anyone tried running ADSM under WARP (OS/2 v3) yet?  I have one
>user who is trying.  However, whenever we bring up the GUI, we get
>an "Authentication Failure" error.  It doesn't even ask for the password.
>The linemode client works fine so I know the problem isn't the options
>file and the environmental variables are fine.  We are using the 1.18
>OS/2 client communicating with a VM 1.08 server.
>
>Are we the first to see this?
>
>Martha

You are not the first to see this.  I beta tested Warp and experienced
the problem.  I also called it into level 2 and they knew about it
already.  Since Warp was an unrelease product then, they treated it
differently.  This was in August - plenty of time for a fix to get
into the next client release.  Since Warp is now released, if you call
this in you might get a better answer about when a fix will be out (I
don't have Warp yet - I have to wait for the fullpack release :-(  ).

Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Email: BColwell AT draper DOT com
Voice: 617-258-1550