ADSM-L

ADSM AIX/ESA Client

1994-11-07 12:59:44
Subject: ADSM AIX/ESA Client
From: "Paul L. Bradshaw" <pbradshaw AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 09:59:44 PST
At this time we have no plans to implement an AIX/ESA ADSM client.  These
plans are subject to change based on market needs, etc., but we do not have
this client or server under development at this time.

For platforms that do not have a native ADSM client on them, most users
have found that NFS mounting the data from a supported client platform
accomplishes the job for them.  This technique provides a central point of
control for the system and some ad-hoc measurements indicate performance is
95% of having a native client perform the backup.

Paul Bradshaw