ADSM-L

Re: ADSM security

1994-11-06 15:33:00
Subject: Re: ADSM security
From: "Gerhard Schneider 608-2479 (0721)" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 1994 20:33:00 LCL
I agree with the problem of data being transmitted and (!) stored in
a non-encrypted way.
I keep pressing my point that the clients should not only be able
to compress data but also to encrypt it (looks so easy to do - just
a little DES filter).
People might be reluctant to store their data in our robot, for fear
that we may walk down and read it...
I don't care if they forget their passwords, but I would love to offer
the service also to those who habe certain security problems.

Why can't the clients have the possiblity for user-supplied filters?

Or have we overlooked something?

Greetings
Gerhard