ADSM-L

ADSM security

1994-11-03 18:29:26
Subject: ADSM security
From: Barry Fruchtman <bf AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 1994 16:29:26 MST
Ref:  Your note of Thu, 3 Nov 1994 14:07:33 EST

   I don't believe the algorithm is published and
I don't know of any intentions to publish.  I will
say that it involves random private keys, the use of the
password as an encryption key, and mutual exchanges
of data to ensure that each party is who they claim
to be.  If you have a need for more detailed information,
I'd suggest contacting the technical support group;

  Data from files is sent as clear text unless it
is compressed on the client side.  The requirement
for optional encryption is known.

Barry Fruchtman
ADSM Server Development