Subject: ADSM-L
From: GLW2 <GLW2 AT OFS.CO.WESTCHESTER.NY DOT US>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 1994 08:50:08 -0400
We have been subscribing to the forum for a few months and have found
many of the questions/answers to be interesting, if not helpful.  One
suggestion I would make to all participants is to be a little more
specific about your environment when submitting inquiries or comments.
For example, the following was received today :

^^When I use the query event server administrator command, I am
^^not able to get any information about schedule events which have
^^already occurred, regardless of whether I set exceptionsonly to
^^no or yes.  The information I am able to get is about future
^^scheduled events ......

We are running an MVS Server and several client platforms and the Q EV
command works fine for us.  I'll assume that this user is running one of
the other Servers (eg. VM or OS/2 ) and the problem lies there.  For
example, if this inquiry had read "We are running the VM Server and ... "
I would be able to immediately discard it as it does not apply to us.
With so many messages coming across now, it would be very helpful to
weed out those that do not apply to platforms that we are running.  With
four Server platforms and a dozen or more client platforms now available,
let's all try to be more specific when formulating questions.  Thanks.