ADSM-L

file inactive after restore

1994-10-18 11:14:47
Subject: file inactive after restore
From: Pieter Groen <Pieter.Groen AT UCI.KUN DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 16:14:47 +0100
I have a DOS client and a VM server.

I had a file which was marked inactive on the server, because it was
deleted at my workstation. So I restored it. After succesfull completion
I expected it to be active again, but it was still inactive.
At a new incremental backup it was backed up again, so I had two
identical versions on the server, one active and one inactive.
That is a lot of work for nearly nothing and twice as much disk space
for the file on the server as was necessary.

In my opinion the server should just change the status from 'inactive'
into 'active' after succesfull completion of the restore.

Greetings,
Pieter