ADSM-L

Customizing the Windows Client Installation

1994-10-13 16:51:03
Subject: Customizing the Windows Client Installation
From: Melinda Varian <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 1994 16:51:03 EDT
We allow open registration for ADSM service and are in the process of
making the Mac and Windows clients available on servers.  Because the
Mac client doesn't have an install program, we can easily change the
Preferences file and README to remove things that are extraneous here
and tailor the instructions to local conditions.  We would very much
like to edit the Windows options file and README, too, but we don't
know how to pack them back into the form expected by the setup.exe.
Can anybody give us any clues on doing this?

For extra credit:  is there any way we can modify the Windows install
procedure so that it defaults to not loading the administrative client
and the 3270 support?

Thanks for any help,
Melinda Varian