ADSM-L

TAPEPROMPT, unattended operation

1994-10-13 02:50:09
Subject: TAPEPROMPT, unattended operation
From: MJ Lopatin <lopatin AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 1994 23:50:09 PDT
By popular demand, we are changing scheduled backups to be TAPEPROMPT=NO,
no matter what the tapeprompt setting is.  Tapeprompt will be honored
in all other cases.  This will be true starting with our next PTF, which
should be out by the end of November or so.  We're sorry for the problems
this caused some of you.

We have been considering a general "never prompt" type option and other
ideas for true unattended client operation. Thanks for throwing in your
two cents, Leonard.  We appreciate everyone's ideas out there - we really
do listen and try to do something about these things.  However, this
particular item will not be an easy one for us.

-- MJ Lopatin
   ADSM Client Development
   ADSM Client Development