ADSM-L

[no subject]

1994-10-10 08:35:55
From: Hans Kilian <dkatplzx AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 1994 08:35:55 EDT
Clemens,

>Regardless to the bypass solutions recommended by Brett there has
>to be a simple transparent way to "move" or "rename" the data on the
>server.
>
>We encountered the problem some monthes ago and opened a change
>request REQNO REQ00044582. The RESPONSE was:

It's nice to know that IBM are considering implementing a procedure
for making ADSM aware of moved data. Also considering the usual
responsiveness of the ADSM development team, I hope that the new
functionality will be implemented in the foreseeable future.

As I've said before, we can live with the workaround, but it would be
easier if it was possible to tell ADSM about the moved data.

Thank you for the information.

Regards,
Hans Kilian, ATP Denmark.

BTW: Your mail reached me both through the discussion list and as a
normal e-mail, so everything worked...