ADSM-L

Re: ADSM TCP/IP Support

1994-10-07 11:46:45
Subject: Re: ADSM TCP/IP Support
From: "Steven P. Roder" <TKSSTEVE AT UBVM.CC.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 1994 11:46:45 EDT
On Mon, 31 Jan 1994 08:29:08 CST Neal Pape said:
>Here is IBM's list of supported TCP/IP protocol stacks for ADSM:
>

>Item G023344
>
>Document ID G023344
>TITLE: WSC  FLASH 9350
>       THE ADSTAR DISTRIBUTED STORAGE MANAGER AND TCP/IP
>

>               THE ADSTAR DISTRIBUTED STORAGE MANAGER AND TCP/IP
>
> The  ADSTAR  Distributed  Storage  Manager  (ADSM) is very specific about its
> TCP/IP requirements because it uses socket programming interfaces rather than
> high-level applications such as File Transfer Program (FTP)  or  the  Network
> File System (NFS).
>
> o   The DOS environment requires either of two products:
>
>     1.  IBM's TCP/IP Version 2 for DOS (02G7087); or,
>
>     2.  FTP Software's PC/TCP Version 2.1 or later

Any chance that the DOS client will ever work with Novell's Lan WorkPlace
for DOS?  I am running LWP 4.12, with ADSM 1.2.03, and, of course, get
ANS1850E TCP/IP communication failure.  I really hate the 3270 interface,
and FTP's PC/TCP will not run with ODI.  Is there any hope for LWP and the
DOS client?

Thanks,

Steve
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | [email protected] | (716)645-3564)