ADSM-L

Mac schedule client hang while VM server quiesced

1994-10-06 12:21:31
Subject: Mac schedule client hang while VM server quiesced
From: Mike Kaczmarski <kacz AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 1994 09:21:31 MST
Ref:  Your note of Wed, 5 Oct 1994 17:04:53 EST (attached)

Wayne,

An online database dump, when specified with CONSISTENT=YES (the default)
QUIESCES all database transaction activity during the dump so that
a consistent database image is recorded and a database audit is not required
if you need to reload the database from the dump image at a later point in
time.  Since transaction activity is quiesced, new sessions cannot start
during the dump, because session startup logic begins a database
transaction.  Please refer to the README information provided with your
server PTF for more information on this or contact me directly and I will
be happy to discuss this with you.

Mike Kaczmarski
ADSM Development