ADSM-L

[no subject]

1994-10-06 08:53:44
From: Hans Kilian <dkatplzx AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 1994 08:53:44 EDT
Hello.

One of our LAN servers is running out of disk space. We are going to
add another hard disk to it, and to level the usage between the old
and new disks by moving half the data from the old disk to the new one.

As far as I can see, ADSM is going to see all the moved data as
deleted in one place and created in another. Since we have set our
management classes to keep 4 copies when the files exist and only
one copy when the files are deleted, ADSM is going to expire all
but one copy of our files. It will also take a new copy (on the new
filespace) that will be the same as the copy it has on the other
filespace.

Is there a way to keep our old generations across this operation?

The best idea we can come up with is to EXPORT the old filespaces
before the operation, but we would really like to keep the old
copies in the database, because it's a lot easier to restore then.

Thanks in advance,
Hans Kilian, ATP Denmark