ADSM-L

[no subject]

1994-10-05 03:37:44
From: Hans Kilian <dkatplzx AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 1994 03:37:44 EDT
Hi Mickey.

>I don't have a postscript printer available, but would really like to print
>the MVS APPC Configuration Guide for ADSM ("/adsm/info/appcmvs.eps")
>that I got via the anonymous FTP server.

You could try getting Ghostscript. It's a program that allows you to print
Postscript documents on other printers. The only negative thing I've heard
about it is that it includes a rather limited set of fonts, and doesn't
support ATM or TrueType fonts. As far as I know it's originally a Unix
program, but I know that it has been ported to both OS/2 and DOS. It should
be available on a FTP server near you (which means that I don't know where
you can find it :).

And while we're on the subject of the APPC Guide: It would be nice if the
guide was also available in a compressed format - for instance .zip.
I only have 4 MB of storage available on the machine I use for FTP, and
the guide took up a lot of that space with it's 2.8 MB. When I had
downloaded it, I tried zipping it and the size went down to 211 KB. It
would also save bandwidth, which is always nice...

Regards,
Hans Kilian, ATP Denmark