ADSM-L

Lots of strange problems!!

1994-10-04 10:20:40
Subject: Lots of strange problems!!
From: Brian Watson <A9000005 AT TSCC.MACARTHUR.UWS.EDU DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 1994 09:20:40 EST
Hi All,
       Sorry for the non-descriptive subject but I couldn't think
of a better one.

I am running this level of the ADSM server:

ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager for VM
Version 1, Release 1, Level 0.0/1.0

on this CMS:

CMS Level 7, Service Level 101

which is on this CP:

VM/ESA Release 1, service level 0101
Generated at 03/05/93 14:30:38 EST
IPL at 09/05/94 08:35:06 EST

I know it's old but my manager hates change!  There are conflicting
notes on which level is required and in one place it says that my
level should be OK.  The server installed and ran OK so I have
assumed that I should be able to continue.  As I began configuring
my system using the latest (from index.storsys.ibm.com) OS/2 GUI admin
client, I kept getting errors saying that I cannot use particular
values for certain variables.  It seemed to happen most with text
strings in 'Description' fields.  I gave up on the admin client
and started to config from the console and I am having similar
problems.

When I start my server I get this message.

ANR5957W C library is at level 1020000!

Could this be my problem?
My boss tells me that I am accessing R1.2 of the C library.

Here are some examples of the problems I am experiencing:

adsm>
set passexp 300
ANR2141E SET PASSEXP: Invalid password expiration period - 300.

adsm>
update sch standard nightback dur=8
ANR2608E UPDATE SCHEDULE: Invalid duration - 8.

Any suggestions appreciated,
---
 Brian Watson <b.watson AT uws.edu DOT au>
 Brian Watson <b.watson AT uws.edu DOT au>
 Computing Systems Officer.  University of Western Sydney, Macarthur