ADSM-L

Re: Restore Problem

1994-09-19 11:00:55
Subject: Re: Restore Problem
From: Pieter Groen <Pieter.Groen AT UCI.KUN DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 16:00:55 +0100
On Fri, 9 Sep 1994 17:10:07 -0700 Abi Admassu said:
>Hello everyone,
>
>I did a "restore by file specification" to restore a 633k file using ADSM
>Windows Client v1.2.0.3. I tried this several times and each time I got a
>"TCP/IP FAILURE" right after I clicked OK to do the restore. Then if I click
>DONE to exit the program it gives an error ANS7003E. In the server's
>activity log it lists the error as ANRO480W.   I tried to restore another
>file about 45k it restores ok.
>I tried to restore a file from an other PC on the same TokenRing network and
>restored ok.
>
>The communication method is TCP/IP and the server is MVS. The PC I am doing
>the restore operation on is on a TokenRing network. The TCPBUFFSIZE is 16.
>For testing purposes I set this to 4 and still got the same error. Any one
>has any suggestion?  Any input is greatly appreciated.
>
>Abi
>abi.admassu AT ucop DOT edu

I had a similar problem and it was solved by adding some lines to the
file SYSTEM.INI in the WINDOWS directory.
Under the section header {VPCTCP} (sorry, wrong brackets, but I have
problems with the rectangular ones) within my file SYSTEM.INI there is
a line with:
   MinimumCopySize=32
and that solved my problem.