ADSM-L

Re: Is it a bug?

1994-09-15 09:54:14
Subject: Re: Is it a bug?
From: Bill Colwell <BColwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 13:54:14 GMT
In <1994Sep15.001551.13223 AT draper DOT com>, URMM%MARIST.BITNET AT uga.cc.uga
DOT edu
 (Martha McConaghy) writes:
>OK, I may be pushing it, but here's my second question of the day.  I
>am trying to use the linemode client on OS/2 to display the backup records
>for another node.  I used the following:
>
>dsmc query backup -node=othernode -pass=blahblah c:\*
>
>No matter what I put for the file specification, ADSM comes back and says:
>
>ANS4087E No files have previously been backed up for '\*'
>
>I know there are files there, and I can view them using the GUI client.
>I have checked IBMLINK and found no mention of it there.  Has anyone else
>seen this, or can reproduce it?  My VM server is at v1 r1 l0.4 and
>my OS/2 client is at v1 r1 l0.18.  I suspect that this is a bug, but want
>to make sure I'm not missing something.
>
>Martha

   The problem is that ADSM is looking for a filespace with the name of your
C drive.  To find out the name of the filespaces for the other node do 'query
 filespace'.
If the dirve is called 'BILLDRIVE', enter the query backup as 'q b
 {BILLDIRVE}\*'.  This is
documented in the os2 ugr release 1 on page 74 under the discussion of
 'fromnode'.
You would have to use this syntax for your own node if you have two filespaces
 for
the C drive or any other drive.  Why would you have two filespaces for the C
 dirve?
One reason would be to simulate the long awaited and MUCH DESIRED point in time
capability.

Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Email: BColwell AT draper DOT com