ADSM-L

Restore problem with Windows Client

1994-09-12 00:41:07
Subject: Restore problem with Windows Client
From: "Amy Lim Weaver (408) 256-0284 t/l 276-0284" <alim AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 1994 21:41:07 PDT
Abi,

Do you know who's TCP/IP and the level that you are running?  What is the
packet size of your Token Ring adapter?

Please get the client trace with trace flags "comm sessverb" set, and send
the trace file to me at alim AT vnet.ibm DOT com.

Probably you've already known how to get client trace.  Anyway I include
the instruction here just in case:

  . Bring up ADSM B/A client
  . Make it the active window
  . Go to Program manager, select "properties" under "file" pull down menu
  . At the end of the adsm command (dsm.exe) add the follwing
    -tf="comm sessverb" -tracefile=tcpip.out
    tcpip.out in your working directory contains the trace

Regards,
Amy L. Weaver ADSM Client Development

------------------------Referenced Note----------------------------------
I did a "restore by file specification" to restore a 633k file using ADSM
I did a "restore by file specification" to restore a 633k file using ADSM
Windows Client v1.2.0.3. I tried this several times and each time I got a
"TCP/IP FAILURE" right after I clicked OK to do the restore. Then if I click
DONE to exit the program it gives an error ANS7003E. In the server's
activity log it lists the error as ANRO480W.   I tried to restore another
file about 45k it restores ok.
I tried to restore a file from an other PC on the same TokenRing network and
restored ok.

The communication method is TCP/IP and the server is MVS. The PC I am doing
the restore operation on is on a TokenRing network. The TCPBUFFSIZE is 16.
For testing purposes I set this to 4 and still got the same error. Any one
has any suggestion?  Any input is greatly appreciated.

Abi
abi.admassu AT ucop DOT edu