ADSM-L

Restore Problem

1994-09-09 20:10:07
Subject: Restore Problem
From: Abi Admassu <Abi.Admassu AT UCOP DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 1994 17:10:07 -0700
Hello everyone,

I did a "restore by file specification" to restore a 633k file using ADSM
Windows Client v1.2.0.3. I tried this several times and each time I got a
"TCP/IP FAILURE" right after I clicked OK to do the restore. Then if I click
DONE to exit the program it gives an error ANS7003E. In the server's
activity log it lists the error as ANRO480W.   I tried to restore another
file about 45k it restores ok.
I tried to restore a file from an other PC on the same TokenRing network and
restored ok.

The communication method is TCP/IP and the server is MVS. The PC I am doing
the restore operation on is on a TokenRing network. The TCPBUFFSIZE is 16.
For testing purposes I set this to 4 and still got the same error. Any one
has any suggestion?  Any input is greatly appreciated.

Abi
abi.admassu AT ucop DOT edu