ADSM-L

Re: "access denied" (on Windows client)

1994-08-03 16:03:29
Subject: Re: "access denied" (on Windows client)
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <WTS AT CAPSLAN.CAPS.MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 1994 15:03:29 EST
Thanks to Amy Weaver of IBM for (offline) helping to answer my question
of a few days ago.

Amy suggested that some applications use an "exclusive write" form of
output wherein Windows won't let anyone else at the file.  So,
apparently, neither God nor ADSM with SERialization=Dynamic can read
those files while in use.  (By the way, we've seen this behavior on
OS/2 with the data base file written by ECCO).

cheers,

cheers,

Wayne T. Smith
Systems Group -- CAPS        internet: wts AT maine.maine DOT edu
University of Maine System   BITNET/CREN: WTS@MAINE