ADSM-L

Bad tape volume

1994-08-02 10:55:40
Subject: Bad tape volume
From: Katherine Faella <KMF AT URIACC.URI DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 10:55:40 EDT
I am running ADSM Rel 1 on VM.  We have a tape volume that the label
was blown away on.  There is (or should I say was :-( ) data on the
tape that now is not accessable.   I am not sure what steps I should
take at this point to clean this up.  I tried doing a QUERY CONTENTS
on the volume but after waiting a half hour I broke out.  The DSMSERV
machine was not using any CPU or seeming to be active.  Is that
command broke or was I not patient enough?  I guess my next step
is to UPDATE VOLUME xxx UNAVAILABLE.  Will ADSM know that the current
copies of files on the tape need to be recreated from each node on
its next backup?  Is there something else I should do?  Any help
will be much appreciated.

Katherine Faella                 Bitnet:   KMF@URIACC
Sr. Technical Programmer         Internet: KMF AT URIACC.URI DOT EDU
University of Rhode Island
Academic Computer Center
048 Tyler Hall
Kingston, RI  02881              Phone:  (401) 792-2501