ADSM-L

Directory lockup

1994-08-01 11:05:34
Subject: Directory lockup
From: Ron Ritchey <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 1994 10:05:34 CDT
Does anyone have the OS/2 client running on a LAN server? We are running
it on one of our LAN servers and we keep getting directory lockups.
I don't know for sure that ADSM is causing it, but we were having
trouble so we quit running ADSM for a week. I restarted the client
this morning and our LAN administrator told me that we started having
the problems again. Has anyone experienced this?

We were thinking about putting the client on a different box that has
access to all the LAN disk resources. Has anyone tried this? Is there
any reason this would be a good or bad idea?

When ADSM backs up a file it appears to change the last access data.
Is this true? If so, is there anyway to change this?  If it changes the
last access date, you don't know that last time the file was accessed
and actually used.

Thanks for your response in advance...

| Ronald W. Ritchey                    Systems Programmer/Analyst      |
| University of Nebraska               Internet: OSG0312 AT unlvm.unl DOT edu |
| 235 Nebraska Hall                    BITNET:   OSG0312@unlvm         |
| Lincoln NE, 68588-0521               Phone:    (402)472-7605         |