ADSM-L

"access denied" (on Windows client)

1994-07-27 16:46:10
Subject: "access denied" (on Windows client)
From: "Amy Lim Weaver (408) 256-0284 t/l 276-0284" <alim AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 13:46:10 PDT
>> For two files, my ADSM Windows client complains/fails on backup with
>> the message "(F) Access Denied".  These are somehow in use files.  In
>> one case the file is the audit log of the shareware ftp daemon WFTPD.
>> In the other case, it is the active Lotus Organizer data base file, in
>> my case WTS.ORG.

>> I've tried backing them up to a management class with serialization =
>> dynamic, but to no avail ... same message.  Is there any way to get
>> such files backed up, short of shutting down the applications?

Hi Wayne,

You have serializaton=dynamic, I assume that your management class belongs
to the active policy set, and your files are associated with that
management class.

Now, when you see "(F) Access denied", do you see it in a dialog box? and
if you do, what is the title of the box?  does it it say ADSM?
In the Windows environment, in order for dynamic and shared dynamic to be
functional, you have to run share.exe.  You can run this in DOS before
bringing up Windows.

Hope this helps ...

Amy Weaver
ADSM Client Development