ADSM-L

interfacing with VM:TAPE

1994-07-25 18:06:16
Subject: interfacing with VM:TAPE
From: Carl Forde <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 1994 18:06:16 -0400
On 07/25/94 14:02:36 "Byron D. Graham" <uskimwvm AT IBMMAIL DOT COM> wrote:

>I spoke with someone at the VM Workshop last month about interfacing ADSM
>on VM with VM:Tape, but unfortunately I didn't get his name. Has anyone
>on this list done this, and if so would you be willing to share any of
>the EXECs, mods, or whatever it took to get this operational ? I hate to
>reinvent the wheel unnecessarily.

I've done it.  Was pretty boring.  Here's the DSMMOUNT and DSMDELET execs
we use.  Note that the exit machines require catalog and mountfor
authority.  The catalog authority can be granted in the server's rules
while the mountfor authority must be granted in VMTAPE's config file.

Hope this helps.

/* ADSM Mount exit */

Address Command

Arg serverName mountWait requestNum devType volName ,
    serverVaddr mountMode format stgPoolName rest

say 'ADSM mount exit: 'userid() date('o') time()
say
say 'Server name   'servername
say 'Mount wait    'mountwait
say 'Request #     'requestnum
say 'Device type   'devtype
say 'Volume        'volname
say 'Mount address 'servervaddr
say 'Mount mode    'mountmode
say 'Format        'format
say 'Storage pool  'stgpoolname
say

if rest <> ''
then say 'Left overs    'rest

if   mountmode = 'R/W'
then mountmode = 'WRITE'
else mountmode = 'READ'

if volname = 'SCRTCH'
then doit  = 'VMTAPE MOUNT' volname serverVaddr ,
             '(WAIT EXPDT 2050/365 FOR' servername mountmode
else doit  = 'VMTAPE MOUNT' volname serverVaddr ,
             '(WAIT FOR' servername mountmode

say doit
doit

  'CP LOGOFF'

/* ADSM Delete exit */

Address Command

Arg serverName requestNum devType volName stgPoolName .

say 'ADSM delete exit: 'userid() date('o') time()
say
say 'Server name   'servername
say 'Request #     'requestnum
say 'Device type   'devtype
say 'Volume        'volname
say 'Storage pool  'stgpoolname
say
say 'VMTAPE CATALOG 'volname' RETPD 0'
'VMTAPE CATALOG 'volname' RETPD 0'

'CP LOGOFF'

Have fun,
Carl Forde                            phonenet: 604-389-3234
VM Systems Software Group             bitnet  : CFORDE at BCSC02
British Columbia Systems Corporation  internet: cforde AT bcsc02.gov.bc DOT ca