ADSM-L

FTP Server questions

1994-05-04 13:04:21
Subject: FTP Server questions
From: Martha McConaghy <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 1994 13:04:21 EDT
I took a moment to poke around the anonymous FTP server that was announced
a little while ago and I have a couple of questions.

First, I think the server is a great idea and am glad IBM has done it.
Thanks, John, for letting us know about it.

When I went into the directory, /adsm/releases I saw a number of clients listed
including DOS and Windows.  They looked like subdirectories.  However, when
I tried to access them, I was rejected.  Is there something wrong, or am I
just being dense?

The main reason I was looking was because we are interested in getting the
Windows client.  We already have DOS and OS/2 clients.  Will it be possible
to get the Windows client directly from the FTP server or do we have to go
through some formal ordering process?

Finally, I'm working on a paper for the VM Workshop on my experiences
implementing ADSM.  Is there a problem with my mentioning the FTP server
and its address?  I plan on mentioning this list too.

(Shameless VM Workshop plug:

    Place: Notre Dame, South Bend, Indiana
    When:  June 7-11, 1994
    Contact: Nick Laflamme