ADSM-L

OS/2 client bonus!

1994-04-26 20:24:32
Subject: OS/2 client bonus!
From: Brent Stilley <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 1994 18:24:32 CST
I mentioned yesterday that upgrading my OS/2 ADSM R2 server's ODI MLID has
improved its stability. Today I upgraded another similar OS/2 machine to the
new MLID and v2.1 Netware requester. I ran a backup from that machine an lo and
behold the OS/2 client no longer sucks up 100% of the CPU (which I had
complained about previously). So, obviously, it wasn't the client at all, but
the old MLID or requester must have had a polling loop which only "kicked in"
for SPX applications. The new code seems to be much more OS/2 aware.

I just thought I'd mention this to vindicate the DSM code a little.

Brent Stilley,  Oklahoma State University, 113 Math Sciences, Stillwater, 74078