ADSM-L

Performance of Mac Clients

1994-04-19 15:07:49
Subject: Performance of Mac Clients
From: Melinda Varian <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 1994 15:07:49 EDT
We are seeing really dreadful performance on our Mac clients,
e.g., 2.5 KB/sec on a high-end Mac with very good network
connectivity (vs. 25-100 KB/sec FTPing from that Mac to the
same host).  Watching the data transfers, what we seem to be
seeing is periodic long pauses on the Mac.  It does not seem
to be waiting for an Ack from the host during these pauses.
The other two Macs we've tried (different operating system
levels but all the absolutely most current client -- just
arrived by express this morning) are just as bad.

Is this what we should be expecting?

Melinda Varian,
Princeton University