ADSM-L

Resending note.

1994-04-12 10:36:54
Subject: Resending note.
From: "T.F. (Frank) Ramke" <RAMKETF AT GDLVM7.VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 1994 10:36:54 EDT
| If you're getting this twice, I apoligize.

| Brent,
|
| If you're using token ring card, you'll probably want to set
| the buffer size on the card to no more than 8 KB. We found
| this documented in deadlock.txt in the DOSUP9 and WINUP9
| NetWare client upgrades from Novell.

I'm not have much luck getting the IPX DOS or Windows clients to work.
The Windows client sometimes locks up either of two test machines running with
the v1.11 VLM's. A guaranteed way to lock up Windows, including the mouse
driver, is to do a backup or archive then simply exit the client. 5-10 minutes
later, when you try to start another app, or switch apps, everything freezes.

And more importantly, the OS/2 server can't seem to get much work done before
the Netware v2.01a requester collapses. If I start just two or three requests
from various workstations, I can usually only get about 20 minutes of work
done before the requester dies. And twice I've had it die with only one request
running. OS/2 is OK, and the ADSM server still responds to console commands,
but if I try to do a MAP command from any OS/2 session, it shows only the local
drives - the network has disappeared! I must reboot OS/2 each time to fix this.

I've had a couple of other problems, too, that are obviously IBM's, but the IPX
components seem to be the weak part.

Brent Stilley,  Oklahoma State University, 113 Math Sciences, Stillwater, 74078