ADSM-L

Re: OS/2 and AIX Servers

1994-03-09 15:12:54
Subject: Re: OS/2 and AIX Servers
From: Brent Stilley <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 1994 14:12:54 CST
On Wed, 9 Mar 1994 09:29:19 EST Deba Patnaik said:

>I do not know, exactly what would be the capacity  (that depends, of course).
>With multi-tasking over mult-processors, processor may not be bottleneck. I
>guess the first bottleneck will be the 3172. With the introduction of
>OS/2 or AIX servers, we can distribute the backup service over different
>buildings - I think it may help if the AIX or OS/2 Servers can be configured
>to talk to the VM or MVS server. For example:

With the huge tape autochangers/pickers and optical near line gadgets we are
planning for use with AIX, I doubt that we'd be able to locate the machine(s)
outside of our computer complex. But I suppose it might be possible with an
OS/2 server. I think I'd look at running a separate fiber drop from here to
the department first, before I'd go with a satellite ADSM server.

Brent Stilley,  Oklahoma State University, 113 Math Sciences, Stillwater, 74078