ADSM-L

[no subject]

1994-02-21 15:17:37
From: "A. Harry Williams" <HARRY AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 1994 15:17:37 EST
On Sat, 19 Feb 1994 19:05:34 PST Scott Hansbury said:
>Subject:ADSM Service
>

>    Response from ADSM Development/Service:
>  We would like to thank everyone here who has voiced their concerns with
>the service method that ADSM had put in place. :-(  We would much rather have
>you tell us what you think and what you want then say nothing and be
>unsatisfied with our product.
And I think I speak for others when I say thank you for such an open
stance to listening.  I went to the SHARE general session this morning
and heard what I thought was some open dialogue between attendees
and Ellen Hancock.  A commitment from IBM to help us get our jobs
done is all we ask.  Thanks.

> The following is the fix distribution method we plan to implement.
>
>1. Maintenance(PTF's) for the product will be rolled up quarterly and made
>   available in ISMC, CompuServe, Internet(*), and IBMLINK.
>
>2. Mainframe Servers will also cut a PTF Monthly. These will be available
>   from ISMC and IBMLINK.
>
>3. Maintenance for High Impact problems (Data Integrity or System Integrity)
>   problems will be made available immediately through ISMC, CompuServe,
>   Internet, and IBMLINK.
>

>   (*) We are in the process of setting up the Internet hub. Stay tuned.
>

>  Comments?
Being this early in the product life, it is important to get out service
quickly.  However, I remember in other lifes getting monthly PUTs for
IBM service for products, and sitting on them, so that they could age.
I see what Endicott has done with the RSU, and putting together both
a quality commitment(this is not to claim that ADSM doesn't have one,
I think the company as a whole general does) and putting together
tested set of PTFs that are known trouble free, and needed by more than
individual sites keeps the RSU process a high level of confidence.
Rather than just blindly putting together on a tape all the closed PTFs.

>                                   Scott Hansbury
>                                   ADSM Client Development Manager
/ahw